21/05/2013

Trying not to fall in love.

Here's the deal. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna book it and I'm gonna make it. I just have to save up some guts and then: just do it.


Don't know what I'm taking about? Me neither.


I'm just kidding. But that's what this is about. I'm going to do stand up. You know, like a comedian.
Here's the deal. I'm not funny. Well, that's what's going on in my mind. Been trying to write down something funny for about a week now, but nothing. It's not even worth a smile.

Here I am, in the middle of the night, trying to figure out if I'm funny. No. I'm trying to figure out what kind om comedian I want to be. And I don't know. What I do know is, that everything I say will be true. I don't want to offend anyone. It will be in English every time. And I want to believe in it myself and in myself.

I did a stand up earlier this spring, while the snow kept falling and we all thought that winter never would leave. Now, when spring turned into summer in less than an hour and we all enjoys the sun, it feels like years ago. To encourage myself I read my drafted script over and over aging while I let my last drops of soda trickle down my throat..

"Your second thought is a bad joke. A really bad one: What do frogs drink? - Redbull. Redbull. [...] And they are not laughing"


It is funny. My first stand up-script is funny. Re-use. Re-do. Just do it. Do it.



You might just wonder why I suddenly started to write in English, since I haven't done that before? One of the reasons is actually because of my stand up. I'm doing my stand up in English, and to write in English, I have to think in English. Easiest way. Start writing in English. Piece of cake.

Speaking of cake, "There was two cupcakes in an oven. One of them says: Oh my good, it's so hot in here".. and the end of that joke..

Come see me when I'm doing stand up the next time!


1 comment:

  1. You're living in a dreamworld... you have to come down to earth, and realize you are NOT the center of whole worlds attention... for your own good...please calm down, be a bit humble.... your writing is good, I give you that, but writing about yourself the way you do, make you seem very in love with yourself, and as if you really believe youre a famous person and the world is holding its breath waiting eagerly for your next move, next "list".... believing in yourself is one thing, you should believe in yourself and what you do, but you come off as really selfabsorbed... why do you always have to prove yourself so damn great all the time?!
    Do what you do best, write!!

    /Biko

    ReplyDelete